Total Pageviews

May 9, 2011

Israeli Holidays

So today is Yom Hazicaron which thank G-d for me means that Yaacov is home and we are not mourning the loss of anyone we know well first hand. Tomorrow we will be celebrating Yom  Ha’atzmaut as Israeli’s for the first time. I hope that we will be going to the zoo followed by a picnic at the neighbors that are like family to the Jacob clan. Its very interesting how Mothers day just passed and is not celebrated because it is only an American Hallmark holiday. So I found myself calling many mothers I care for and wishing them well and not so much celebrating it as a mother here because it was just a normal day. This is really interesting for me because only one day later we have new Israeli holidays that I do not feel so connected to. We don’t really know what to do with our free time (mandatory off days for Yaacov) especially because later when we go to America for part of the summer we will be taking non paid vacation days. I hope for myself that in the coming years I feel more emotionally ready, proud and positive about the new holidays that are respected and observed here.

On a different note, Ezri is two!!! He really is such a big guy. He definitely has an opinion and tons of pride as a person. He is truly loving and I enjoy watching him grow. Bering a mom is such an evolving role, you deal with one meada (trait) only to jump to the next and you don’t see the results in a timely enough period to know if you are doing whats best. He is at the stage where he whining and crying over everything. ( I apparently also cried over most things as a young kid.) We yet again are celebrating his Hebrew birthday instead of his English birthday. Witch is on May 17, we will have cake and sing at gan and then do a family thing on Shabbat for sudat shlishet at the park.

We are trying to pick between two apartments and with G-ds help we will pick by the end of the week. Hashem should continue to give us direction to make a smart decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment