Total Pageviews

May 30, 2011

Re: Back To The Drawing Board

I feel as though im surrounded by working Ema's. I really have mixed feelings about what I should do. I dont have a masters and feel like in Israel its even harder to get the type of job I want. Thats not even starting with the idea that i feel like I am usually swamped with housework and childcare. I joined a mommy and me at the park and all 8 woman worked or went to school part time. It was truly impressive how they made there lives work. I felt unambitious and unsettled. I know I am not going crazy yet at home and I am very much enjoying the time at home with both boys but I just wonder if I am missing something. Maybe a great hobby? I know i am a feminist (and maybe falling for peer pressure...) but we will see. Truth be told my next long term goal is ulpan. Step by step right? Its funny, I ran into my madricha from Seminary and she asked what I was doing and I told her I was at home, she continued to tell me to have my career now because no one will higher me when I have been out of the workforce for a long time. Do you think that is true?



No comments:

Post a Comment